The second Mozambique Initiative Mobile Health Clinic was purchased on Feb. 5, 2020. This Mobile Health Clinic will be used in the Morrumbene and Massinga districts to further the reach of medical treatment from the Chicuque Hospital and the Center of Hope. This vehicle will provide similar care to the first vehicle, which was purchased in 2016.
The 2016 vehicle, which serves the Mabumbuza district, offers maternal and child care, health education and testing, screening and treatment for diseases such as HIV. This vehicle has provided priceless medical care to individuals who otherwise may not have received the care they deserved.
Impact from 2018-2019:
- 2,138 individuals participated in a health education session
- 1,905 patients were screened
- 1,793 patients were treated for general diseases
- 112 patients received ophthalmological care
- 229 children ages 0-5 were evaluated as part of the children’s growth program
- 37 children ages 0-5 were vaccinated
- 23 first-time prenatal consultations
- 43 family planning consultations